Anyone who is interested in learning the fundamentals of Ayurveda Nutrition and basic modern nutrition.
This unit covers an introduction to modern nutrition contrasted with that of Ayurveda Nutrition. Application of Ayurveda Nutrition to correct certain imbalances in the body such as agni, ama and nutrients that can be used in different seasons to maintain optimum health will also be discussed.
Program Content and Outcomes
• Basic Nutrients from orthodox nutrition perspectives – Water, Carbohydrates, Proteins, Fats, Vitamins and their functions
• Contrasting the amino acids with 20 Ayurvedic gunas
• Ayurvedic nutrition to correct agni
• Ayurveda nutrition to correct ama
• Theoretical aspects of Ayurvedic cooking and food preparation techniques and variations to suit different vikruthi and seasons
• Recognition of nutritional imbalances
• Ayurvedic nutritional advice for optimum health and disease prevention.
The unit is offered as a single module.
Meet the facilitator
Roopa is an Ayurveda practitioner graduated from Mangalore university in India and has been practicing in India, Singapore and in Australia since. She has over 20 years of experience as an Ayurveda practitioner and over 15 years’ experience as a lecturer/teacher in Ayurveda. Roopa’s infectious passion for Ayurveda has inspired many students both in Australia and overseas. She has been instrumental in the development, coordination and delivery of Ayurveda units in the Advanced Diploma of Ayurveda qualification at the AIHM/AIHFE.
This unit is delivered online so that learners can complete the course from anywhere and at any time that suits them best provided they have a computer and internet access. Learners are provided with 30 hours of recorded lectures and tutorials delivered over a 10 week period in a virtual classroom environment. Each lecture is supplemented with some additional reading material and Power Point slides.
Textbook of Ayurveda – Vol 1, 2 & 3 – Dr Vasant Lad
Ayurvedic Healing – Dr David Frawley •
Life of Balance – Maya Tiwari
Ayurvedic Cooking for Self-Healing – Dr Vasant Lad & Usha Lad
Yoga of herbs – Dr David Frawley and Dr Vasant Lad