VET Student Loans commenced on 1 January 2017, replacing the VET FEE-HELP scheme, which ceased for new students on 31 December 2016.
AIHFE deals with all matters regarding students VET Students Loans with fairness and equity.
This includes the granting of the loan, withdrawal from the VET course, and situations involving bereavement and other situations which are not caused by the student, but nonetheless affect his or her status.
What is VET Student Loans?
The VET Student Loans program is an income contingent loan offered by the Australian Government that helps eligible students pay for some vocational education and training (VET) diploma level or above courses.
Eligibility For VET Student Loan
To be an eligible student for the purposes of accessing VET Student Loans, you must meet ALL of these criteria:
- You are:
- an Australian citizen, or
- a qualifying New Zealand citizen (see information about NZ citizen), or
- a permanent humanitarian visa holder, who is usually resident in Australia.
- Your FEE-HELP balance is more than $0 and is sufficient to cover the amount you wish to access.
- You are enrolled with an approved course provider (opens in a new window) in an approved course (opens in a new window) and have enrolled in accordance with the application requirements.
- You are studying the approved course primarily at a campus in Australia.
- You have been assessed by your approved course provider as academically suited to undertake the approved course on the basis of either:
- providing your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- providing evidence of successful completion of an Australian Qualifications Framework Certificate IV or higher qualification (where the language of instruction is English); OR
- displaying competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test.
In addition, your approved course provider must reasonably believe you show competence in completing the course.
- You meet the Tax File Number (TFN) requirements.
- You have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) or are otherwise exempt.
- You have read the 2017 VET Student Loans information booklet (opens in a new window).
- You have given the required documents to your approved course provider and submitted the loan application form by the first census day no less than two business days after enrolling.
What all courses are approved for VET Student Loans?
Limited VET Student Loan has been approved for our HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage course.