Anyone who is interested in learning fundamentals of Ayurveda Nutrition and basic modern nutrition
The unit covers introduction to modern nutrition and contrasting with that of Ayurveda Nutrition. Application of Ayurveda Nutrition to correct certain imbalances in the body such as agni, Ama and nutrients that can be used in different season to maintain optimum health will also be discussed.
Program Content and Outcomes
• Basic Nutrients from orthodox nutrition perspectives – Water, Carbohydrates, Proteins, Fats, Vitamins and their functions
• Contrasting the Amino Acids with 20 Ayurvedic Gunas
• Ayurvedic nutrition to correct Agni
• Ayurveda nutrition to correct Ama
• Theoretical aspects of Ayurvedic cooking and food preparation techniques and variations to suit different vikruthi and seasons
• Recognition of Nutritional imbalances
• Ayurvedic nutritional advice for optimum health and disease prevention.
The unit is offered as a single module.
Meet the facilitator
Roopa is an Ayurveda practitioner graduated from Mangalore university in India and has been practicing in India, Singapore and in Australia since. She has over 20 years of experience as an Ayurveda practitioner and over 15 years’ experience as a lecturer/teacher in Ayurveda. Roopa’s infectious passion for Ayurveda has inspired many students both in Australia and overseas. She has been instrumental in developing, coordinating and delivery of Ayurveda units in Advanced Diploma of Ayurveda qualification at the AIHM/AIHFE.
This unit is delivered online so that the learners can complete the course at a time that suit them the best from any destination as long as they have a computer and an intent access. The learners are provided with 30 hours of lectures and tutorials delivered over 10 weeks period that that are recorded during the virtual classroom environment. Some reading materials and power points to supplement each lecture is provided.
Textbook of Ayurveda – Vol 1, 2 & 3 – Dr Vasant Lad
Ayurvedic Healing – Dr David Frawley •
Life of Balance – Maya Tiwari
Ayurvedic Cooking for Self-Healing – Dr Vasant Lad & Usha Lad
Yoga of herbs – Dr David Frawley and Dr Vasant Lad