Building Better Teams
No prerequisites are required for this course.
Teams are an important building block of successful organizations. Whether the focus is on service, quality, cost, value, speed, efficiency, performance, or other similar goals, teams are the basic unit that supports most organizations.
With teams at the core of corporate strategy, your success as an organization can often depend on how well you and other team members operate together. How are your problem-solving skills? Is the team enthusiastic and motivated to do its best? Do you work well together? This course can help you get there!
- Understand the value of working as a team
- Develop team norms, ground rules, and team contracts
- Identify your team player style and how it can be used effectively with your own team
- Build team trust
- Identify the stages of team development and how to help a team move through them
- Recognize the critical role communication skills will play in building and maintaining a team atmosphere
- Identify ways that team members can be involved and grow in a team setting
- Course Overview
- Defining Teams
- Establishing Team Norms
- Characteristics of Teams
- Ground Rules
- Team Contracts
- Working as a Team
- Your Team Player Type
- What’s Your Team Player Type?
- What Does it Mean To Have a Number?
- My Team Style
- Building Team Trust
- Why is Trust Important?
- Building Trust
- The Stages of Team Development
- Team Building with TORI
- Defining Communication
- Listening Skills
- Becoming a Good Team Player
- Personal Action Plan
- Recommended Reading List
- Post-Course Assessment
This course has been recognized by the following professional bodies as a recognized continuous professional development activity for their members:
Australian Natural Therapy Association (ANTA)
Acupuncture and Complementary Medicine Association of Australasia (ACMAA)