First Aid is an essential qualification for all health care providers and an important life- saving skill for any other person whether you are a teacher, an employee or an employer, community leader or a parent.
This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty. The unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
This nationally recognized course (Unit of competency) provides you with essential skills and knowledge to perform First Aid including:
· Cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on an adult and infant
· responded appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
· managed the unconscious breathing casualty
· followed single rescue procedure, including the demonstration of a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
· follow the prompts of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
· conduct a visual and verbal assessment of the casualty
· demonstrate safe manual handling techniques
· post-incident debrief and evaluation
· provide an accurate verbal or written report of the incident
Applied first aid procedures for the following:
· allergic reaction
· bleeding control
· choking and airway obstruction
· envenomation for snake bites, using pressure immobilisation
· fractures, sprains and strains, using arm slings, roller bandages or other appropriate immobilisation techniques
· Spider bites,
· respiratory distress, including asthma
To download the brochure and registration slip click here
This unit of competency is delivered by blended delivery mode. Learners will be provided with the workbook which needs to be completed prior to attend the practical class held on campus. There will be a number of online assessment questions that learners must successfully answer before you attend the practical session. Upon successful completion of your online assessment please print and bring your certificate when you attend your practical session. Successful Completion of your online assessment is a pre- requisite for attending the practical session. Your certificate will be issued upon completion of both online and practical assessment components conducted on the day of your practical session.
The practical session required for this course can be completed by attending a one-day practical session that is usually conducted during weekends or two evenings. Currently, the practical sessions are held in our Cockburn central campus.
Date: 24th June 2017. (places are limited)
Cost: $90.00 (25th-year anniversary special!.) Usually $130.00, that is over 30% discount!!!
Time: 10 am-3.30 pm
Venue: AIHM/AIHFE, 862, North Lake rd, Cockburn Central 6164